- July 2014 – Congratulations to postdoc Dr. Michael Fernandez Llamosa was awarded a fellowship to work in Melbourne Australia for applying cheminformatics to nanoparticles. Best of luck Michael!
Welcome to Dr. Brad Wells who is an researcher visiting our group on exchange from the Carbon Management Canada (CMC) organization.
Welcome to Dr. Zygmunt Fliask who is a visiting professor from University of Opole in Poland.
- June 2014 – Congratulations to Sean and Phil for winning Honourable Mention Poster Prizes at the Transformational Technologies for Molecular Simulation (TTMS) at the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
Congratulations to Phil for winning top poster prize at the Carbon Management Canada (CMC) Conference in Banff.
Bianca, Phil and Sean presented posters at the Transformational Technologies for Molecular Simulation (TTMS) at the University of Wisconsin – Madison.
- Mo, Phil and Sean presented posters at the Carbon Management Canada (CMC) Conference in Banff.
- Bianca and Sean presented psoters at the Canadian Society of Chemistry (CSC) Conference in Vancouver.
- May 2014 – Congratulations to Dr. Carlos Campana on the arrival of his second girl, Evelyn.
Welcome to Hana and Joshua as undergraduate researchers for the summer.
- April 2014 – Ph.D student Peter Boyd presented Woo Lab work at the 247th American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting at Dallas Texas March 16th – 20th.
Congratulations to Ph.D student Evans Monyoncho who was awarded the NSERC PGS-D scholarship!
- March 2014 – Our hypothetical database is now available at titan.chem.uottawa.ca/MOFfinger. MOFfinger is a new cheminformatic tool for Metal Organic Frameworks.
- February 2014 – Congratulations to Ph.D student Peter Boyd who will be expecting a new baby boy.
Congratulations to Dr. Carlos Campana who will be expecting a new baby girl.
Master’s student Bianca Provost will be heading to the Monash University in Australia this month to work with Dr. Alan Chaffee with funding from the Carbon Management Canada (CMC) International subsidy.
Congratulations to Sean Collins for his transfer into the Ph.D program, Sean has earned an Entrance Scholarship and Dean’s Scholarship for his efforts.
Master’s student Jason Lo recently completed a half marathon called the Hypothermic in freezing temperatures.
Undergraduate student Mostagh Aljahawari has returned to the Woo lab under the Undergraduate Research OPportunity (UROP) program.
- November 2013 – Woo lab welcomes back Dr. Carlos Campana
Woo lab work presented at the Inorganic Discussion Weekend (IDW) conference by Dr. Tom Daff and Bianca Provost. Congratulations to Phil De Luna for being awarded the Tito Scaiano Scholarship
- Feb. 2013 – Congratulations to Tom Baker, Woo and the CCRI for the successful $11 million CFI Leading Edge fund application. This will really enhance the biocatalysis capabilities of the CCRI. It will also significantly enhance our high performance computing facilities.
- Sept. 2012 – Congratulations to Woo for being named to NSERC’s Discovery Grants Evaluation Group.
- Nov. 2011 – Woo starts term as Associate Director of the Centre for Catalysis Research and Innovation.
- Nov. 2011 – Our papers “Phosphonate monoesters as carboxylate-like linkers for metal organic frameworks” and ”Competition and cooperativity in CO2 sorption by amine functionalized metal organic frameworks” with George Shimizu’s group have been accepted in JACS and ACIE, respectively.
- Oct. 2011 – Our group’s pumpkin this year is a MOF pumpkin capturing CO2!
- Oct. 24 2011 – Congratulations to Carlos and Jessica on the arrival of their daughter Sofia.
- Sept. 2011 – Congratulations to Arif who won best poster presentation prize at the Jacques Cartier Colloquium on 21st Century Catalysis Science and Applications .
- August 2011 – Saeid finishes his sabbatical in the Woo lab and returns to Iran