Welcome to the research web page of Professor Tom Woo, at the department of Chemistry, the University of Ottawa. We are situated in the beautiful city of Ottawa – Canada’s National Capital. Our principle research interests lie in the fields of computational chemistry and their applications to carbon capture and storage, clean energy technologies and catalysis. We are involved in the development and application of state-of-the-art molecular simulation techniques to model chemical systems at the atomic and electronic level. Our group is also heavily involved in advanced scientific computing and we run our own 1000+ CPU core and 10000+ GPU core computing facility.
- July 2016 - Congratulations to Sean for being awarded a Queen Elizabeth II graduate scholarship
- July 2016 - Peter presents at the Applications of Topological Methods in Materials Science meeting in Russia
- June 2016 - Woo wins the inaugural Canadian Society for Chemistry Tom Zielger Award
- June 2016 - Group attends Canadian Society for Chemistry National meeting in Halifax
- May 2016 - Congrats to Hana for winning an Ontario Graduate Scholarship!