- Congratulations to Ph.D student Peter Boyd who will be expecting a new baby boy.
- Congratulations to Dr. Carlos Campana who will be expecting a new baby girl.
- Master’s student Bianca Provost will be heading to the Monash University in Australia this month to work with Dr. Alan Chaffee with funding from the Carbon Management Canada (CMC) International subsidy.
- Congratulations to Sean Collins for his transfer into the Ph.D program, Sean has earned an Entrance Scholarship and Dean’s Scholarship for his efforts.
- Master’s student Jason Lo recently completed a half marathon called the Hypothermic in freezing temperatures.
- Undergraduate student Mostagh Aljahawari has returned to the Woo lab under the Undergraduate Research OPportunity (UROP) program.
Molecular Design and Computational Simulation
Welcome to the research web page of Professor Tom Woo, at the department of Chemistry, the University of Ottawa. We are situated in the beautiful city of Ottawa – Canada’s National Capital. Our principle research interests lie in the fields of computational chemistry and their applications to carbon capture and storage, clean energy technologies and catalysis. We are involved in the development and application of state-of-the-art molecular simulation techniques to model chemical systems at the atomic and electronic level. Since our simulation techniques push the limits of current computing technologies, our group is also heavily involved in high performance technical computing and we run our own 500+ CPU computing cluster. The group is also part of the University of Ottawa’s world class Centre for Catalysis Research and Innovation (CCRI).