Welcome to the research web page of Professor Tom Woo, at the department of Chemistry, the University of Ottawa. We are situated in the beautiful city of Ottawa – Canada’s National Capital. Our principle research interests lie in the fields of computational chemistry and their applications to carbon capture and storage, clean energy technologies and catalysis. We are involved in the development and application of state-of-the-art molecular simulation techniques to model chemical systems at the atomic and electronic level. Our group is also heavily involved in advanced scientific computing and we run our own 2000+ CPU core computing facility.
- May 2021 - Marco, Scott and Victoria join the lab.
- April 2021. Jake awarded a NSERC CGS-D Scholarship
- April 2021 - Congratulations to Adam on his new job.
- April 2021 - Lab awarded large MITACS grant
- Jan. 2021 - Publication in Nature Machine Intelligence.
- Feb. 2021 - Professor Woo wins faculty's "Researcher of the Year" award
- Jan. 2021 - Congratulations to Chris Rowley on his new faculty position
- Dec. 2020 - Jake's undergraduate thesis published in JPC.
- Sept. 2020 – Jake joins the lab as a M.Sc. candidate.
- May 2020 - Jake awarded NSERC CGS-M scholarship