Welcome to the research web page of Professor Tom Woo, at the department of Chemistry, the University of Ottawa. We are situated in the beautiful city of Ottawa – Canada’s National Capital. Our principle research interests lie in the fields of computational chemistry and their applications to carbon capture and storage, clean energy technologies and catalysis. We are involved in the development and application of state-of-the-art molecular simulation techniques to model chemical systems at the atomic and electronic level. Our group is also heavily involved in advanced scientific computing and we run our own 1000+ CPU core and 10000+ GPU core computing facility.
- July 2015 - Congratulations to Peter for Successfully defending his Ph.D. Thesis - Off to Berkeley
- June 2015. Congrats to Tom B. and Hana for winning poster prizes at this year's CSC conference.
- April 2015: Hana wins the department's best undergraduate thesis award!
- Feb. 2015. Congrats to Woo for finishing his 3 yr term on the NSERC Discovery Grants Evaluation Committee
- Nov. 2014. Congrats to Bianca who Successfully defended her M.Sc. thesis: Off to Cambridge
- Sept. 2014 Congrats to Phil Bulsink on his MSc. Defense and new job at Natural Resources Canada
- Aug. 2014 - Woo and Daff visit Brazil to Collaborate
- Aug. 2014 - Teaching Assistant Awards - Congrats to Phil & Phil
- July 2014. Summer Conferences - Montreal, Wisconsin, Colorado, Vancouver
- July 1, 2014 - Congratulations to Peter Boyd on the birth of their 2nd child
- June 2014 - Group Hot Wing Eating Contest
- June 2014 - The Woolab welcomes visiting scientists from Poland and Australia
- May 2014 The lab welcomes summer students Hana and Joshua
- May 2014 Congratulations to Phil De Luna
- June 2014 Congratulations to Phil DeLuna and Sean Collins