Welcome to the research web page of Professor Tom Woo, at the department of Chemistry, the University of Ottawa. We are situated in the beautiful city of Ottawa – Canada’s National Capital. Our principle research interests lie in the fields of computational chemistry and their applications to carbon capture and storage, clean energy technologies and catalysis. We are involved in the development and application of state-of-the-art molecular simulation techniques to model chemical systems at the atomic and electronic level. Our group is also heavily involved in advanced scientific computing and we run our own 1000+ CPU core and 10000+ GPU core computing facility.
- August 2014 - Woo and Daff visit Brazil to Collaborate
- August 2014 - Teaching Assistant Awards - Congrats to Phil & Phil
- July 2014. Summer Conferences - Montreal, Wisconsin, Colorado, Vancouver
- July 1, 2014 - Congratulations to Peter Boyd on the birth of their 2nd child
- June 2014 - Group Hot Wing Eating Contest
- June 2014 - The Woolab welcomes visiting scientists from Poland and Australia